Monday, November 23, 2009

Sleepless is more...

12.30 a.m.

I know I should be sleeping, even though I also know that I don't really need to get up tomorrow morning. I need to find a sleeping pattern that allows me to function. I also know that if I go to bed now I won't sleep, at least not for a few hours. I know this is not insomnia, but that is what I call it in lack of a better word. I do sleep, eventually. It's not as much sleeping itself that I have issues with it is more a matter of falling asleep. For some reason I can sit here trying to write something interesting about whatever and I can't find a single word. But as soon as my head hits that pillow and the tv's turned off my mind goes into high gear and not in any kind of organised or logical way. It just takes off, grabbing whatever's been stewing long enough in my subconsciousness. A lot of darkness, mixed with mindnumbing boredom, overwhelming sadness and sillyness. All in a mix, multiple thoughts invading each others space, never to reach any kind of conclusion or answer whatsoever. They disappear back into the darker more inaccesible corners of my mind to stew some more so they can return to haunt me another sleepless night. Unanswered and unbothered by being just that.

Well, here goes nothing. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment